This article on the potential for education to ensure sustainability and mitigate the impacts of climate change highlights 5 key takeaways for the education community from COP27:
- Education is gaining prominence beyond the Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE) agenda;
- There is already a large and growing momentum behind climate education innovations;
- Governments see the value of education and cross-sectoral collaboration but costs of adaptation are high;
- There is enormous potential for cross-sectoral investment between education and climate funds; and
- COP28 holds immense promise for education in the climate agenda.