Education Sub Saharan Africa (ESSA) takes part in the RewirEd Summit 2021. On December 12th, world education leaders will gather in Dubai to discuss Youth, Skills, and the Future of Work.
ESSA will host a provocative panel to ask whether tertiary is still worth it amid the unemployment crisis. The ESSA panel will bring together the perspectives of employers, education leaders, governments, and students.
The hosts of the Summit, Dubai Cares with Expo 2020 Dubai, will raise the profile of education as critical to addressing African and global development priorities. We hope you will connect with our speakers at the panel below.
Panel: "What is the point of tertiary education?"
Date: December 12th, 2021
Time: 13:55-14:40 (UAE time)
Room: Debate Arena
- Hon. Joseph Mucheru, Kenyan Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs
- Prof. Angela Owusu-Ansah, Provost, Ashesi University
- Anurag Banerjee, CEO, and Co-Founder, Quilt.AI
- Angel Mbuthia, Secretary for Gender and International Relations, All-Africa Students Union
- Milton Nkosi, Former Analyst, Africa Bureau BBC News, South Africa (moderator)