The IsDB and the ILO invite youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions based in the IsDB – ILO common member States to propose new and innovative ideas and solutions that equip youths (15-35 years old) living in the IsDB – ILO common member States with the competencies required for supporting a just transition in their communities.
Drawing on the infrastructure and experience of the ILO Skills Innovation Facility , the Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call is looking for solutions that contribute to one or more of the following target scopes:
- Upskill or reskill youths for their effective participation in the green policy making processes for a just transition;
- Ensure peer-to-peer learning on just transitions and strengthen youth coalitions on the subject;
- Create or improve training programmes to equip youths with the technical and soft skills required for the green transition in a given sector / for a given occupation;
- Mainstream climate change into existing Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and education curricula and programmes for youths;
- Improve access to opportunities for green skills acquisition and recognition for marginalised youths;
- Support green skills trainers and training providers in becoming agents of a just transition for youths; and
- Translate employment creation, entrepreneurship or business ideas into solutions that accelerate upskilling or reskilling of youths for a just transition in the communities.
Submit by no later than 12 August 2022 (midnight Geneva time).
For more details, please refer to the Participants Guidelines.