The ILO, IDRC, and INCLUDE are seeking innovative research paper proposals on youth employment for the Youth Employment Research Forum in Geneva on 5th and 6th December 2023.
Submission deadline: 20th October 2023.
The Forum will bring together researchers from across the globe, who are advancing the frontiers of knowledge on youth employment and contributing to the evidence base. Tagging to the forthcoming 20th anniversary edition of the ILO Global Employment Trends for Youth 2024, the research themes selected for discussion at the Research Forum have in common their exploration of “the dynamics of youth employment and its supporting policy framework”. This means building the evidence base on what has changed in the realm of youth employment over the past two decades to help explain the current and future circumstances of labour market entry and job outcomes for young people.
Forum research tracks
- The changing socioeconomic landscapes of youth employment
- Future of work influences on youth labour market transitions
- The changing youth employment policy landscape
Instructions for submission and timelines:
Those interested should submit a 2-3-page proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 October 2023.
Papers can be national, cross-country, regional or global in scope.
The paper abstract/proposal should include:
- Full title of the paper;
- Full name, address, phone, email of one author for all correspondence;
- Recent C.V. of principal author;
- For all other authors, full name, afﬁliation and e-mail;
- Identification of the relevant track (1-3 above);
- Short introductive summary (approximately 1,000 words);
- Arguments regarding the paper’s relevance;
- Summary of the main findings and conclusions; and
- Indication of interest in consideration of a Fellowship grant